Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Avocado Brownies


1 Avocado
300g Dark Chocolate 
3 Eggs
1 Heaped tbsp of Coconut Oil 
1 Cup of Coconut Sugar (optional)
1 tsp of Vanilla Essence 
1 tsp of Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt 

I am forever craving sweet sugary treats, so any healthier alternatives that are still just as sweet are what I love to find. This particular brownie recipe is from Tanya Burr, who posted the recipe on her Youtube channel and blog, but I have slightly altered it to my taste. It's important to remember these brownies are still high in calories but contain much healthier ingredients than a traditional brownie. They are gluten free, dairy free (depending on what type of chocolate you use) and use healthy fats (these include the avocado and coconut oil). I personally don't like avocado so was pleasently surprised that the brownie didn't taste a thing like it and is solely used to create a creamy texture. I found that using sugar (in this case coconut sugar) is not completely necessary as the brownies are sweet enough - but I still use a little anyway! Coconut sugar is unrefined so keeps your blood sugar levels steady - a good alternative when sugar is needed. 

Simply melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a pan over a low heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Pour the mixture into a tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for around 30 minutes. (I have found the time may vary depending on the thickness of the baking tray used)

Enjoy x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin