Pages

Thursday 12 March 2015

My Green Smoothie



1 Banana 
1 Kiwi
1/4 of a Pinapple
Handful of Spinach 
Coconut Water 
Chia Seeds (optional)

Being an avid user of social media, it's hard not to notice the sudden surge of healthy lifestyle blogs. A mixture of curiosity and wanting to remove some of the processed foods out of my diet has encouraged me to try out a number of the plant based recipes that I have came across. And, I have been pleasently surprised, with my particular favourites being avocado browines and a healthy chocolate and banana cake (I will be blogging about these soon).

The easiet of course is a simple green smoothie. Dark leafy greens have amazing health benefits, one of which being they are packed with disease fighting antioxidants. And essentially they are a great way of adding extra fruit and veg to your diet. Alot of the recipes have ingredients that are not easy to come by, and when I have managed to find them they have been pretty exspensive. So after trawling through numerous recipes, I took different ingredients from different smoothies to create my own. 

Tip: By adding banana, it's not only a great source of potassium but over powers the taste of the greens. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin