Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

Paris, New Year, 2013


After years of last minute, forced plans, and a cancelled trip to Barcelona in the summer, my boyfriend and I decided to spend New Year in Paris. To us, and as to many I have spoken to recently, New Year is not particularly a big deal, and we weren't exactly thrilled at the thought of spending another year at a local pub. So this being said, Paris was the perfect escape. We were able to explore the city, see the sights and eat amazing food.
Whilst there, we were typical tourists and visited many of the famous landmarks, even managing to spend New Years day in Disney Land. Something we did not plan on doing in Paris, was to visit Pont des Arts, one of the many 'Love Locks' bridges. However after stumbling upon it we couldn't resist joining in with the masses and bought our very own lock. The bridge was filled with excitement and hope, something really special to see. Another highlight was exploring the Madeleine quarter. Lined with luxury boutiques, the atmosphere and decor couldn't feel more Parisian, and the shops were beautiful. (Personally, I could have spent the whole week there).
As for New Years Eve, there are no official fireworks in Paris , instead people gather at the Eiffel Tower or Champs Elysees to welcome the new year in. After a three course meal in a restaurant opposite Notre Dame, we chose the Eiffel Tower where at the stroke of 12 we watched as the tower lit up for its annual light display. (The Metro's are free on New Years Eve which is a huge bonus) If its a relaxed, romantic New Year's Eve you are looking for, Paris is definitely worth a visit.
Above are a few pictures from our trip. I'm a huge fan of black on black, and it's a colour I wear a lot of lately, but to brake it up I loved wearing my Zara long-line waistcoat (featured in an older post). My hat and scarf were both pretty essential due to the freezing temperatures. The boots I'm wearing are Kurt Geiger and are most definitely my favourite purchase made this winter. (Expect a post on these in the coming weeks). I loved wearing this outfit, it was perfect for a cold city brake.
Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin