Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

NARS - Time For A Change


NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in 'VALLAURIS'
NARS Bronzing Powder in 'LAGUNA' 

Finding the perfect foundation can be a hard task to face - not only do high end prices leave little room for mistake, but the daunting task of facing the never ending variety of brands, products and shades makes those all important beauty decisions that little bit harder. Due to these very reasons I fell into a comfortable routine with my face make up and for some time carried on using 'Mac Studio Fix' even though I was not 100% satisfied. The main reason - I found it far too heavy! I am obsessed with dewy skin (something that is on trend for AW14) and love being able to create a glowing complexion, so this time around when choosing a foundation this was my No.1 must. 


I finally decided to put my trust in NARS. After trying their 'Sheer Glow Foundation' in 'Vallauris' I was won over by it's lightweight feel and illuminating finish. I have no significant issues with my skin so the medium coverage was perfect for me. The only downside - it's harder to build up a higher coverage (if needed) compared to other foundations I have previously used.

It just so happened that the bronzer I use is also from NARS. After watching numerous make up tutorials, 'Laguna Bronzing Powder' was the chosen bronzer of many professionals - so I had to give it a go. I have been using it for over a year now and I am pretty happy with it. Over the summer it has been a perfect substitute for my face powder as it compliments tanned skin really well. It has a slight shimmer to it however blends into the skin perfectly without looking too noticeable. The only downside - using it everyday means it doesn't last as long as I would hope!

**Just a little tip - making the transition from brands found in high street drug stores to high end brands has damaging consequences to your bank account. ALWAYS ask for testers first. Mostly every counter will be happy to help, so make the most of it and try before you buy. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin